The 2018/19 Australian ski racing major events have wrapped up on the Murray River with the 47th edition of the Mildura 100 taking place in front of a packed crowd.
While local superclass boat Pigs Arsenal gave the home crowd a thrill by taking out overall honours (see story here), there were almost 150 other teams in action over the 100km course from Mildura Ski Club to Wicketts Sandbar and back.
Jack Coaldrake, skiing behind Temper 2, won the men’s one-up division, Stinga F1 claimed the unlimited inboard class and Merc Force the women’s event.
The most contested class with 21 entrants, the 70mph event, was won by The Wedge by a mere two seconds from Brutal and Friction.
In other expert class racing:
- Shantelle King, behind Merc Force F1, was the only skier in the women’s one-up and clocked a slick 37:15.31
- Aggression ended the day on top in the 60mph event
- In the F2 event, Speed Lab was too good for the other ten boats in the class
- Ghostrider won the U18 boy’s
- Chief was the winner of the U16 boy’s, while 99 Psycho Clowns claimed the U16 girl’s
- Illusion Down Under took out the unlimited inboard naturally aspirated class
- Mojo 4N came out on top in the unlimited outboard, Cosmos was best in the MOC outboard and Peppered Bullet triumphant in the SMOC outboard
- the under 8L inboard event went to XS Cash, with BulletProof winning the under 6L inboard category and Mojo the under 5.2L inboard
- Superbad took home the sportsman’s event
- The Curse are the winners of the stock 6L class
- Epic won the U14 boy’s, while Thundernuts 500 took out the U14 girl’s
- In the return leg only U12 boy’s the winner was Smoken Mirrors Racing, with Elm St F2 taking out the corresponding U12 girl’s event
The 2019/20 Ski Racing Australia river classics season is set to kick off in August with the Hawkesbury 120. Stay tuned for the full calendar release.
Classes with 1 Leg results are here
Classes with 2 leg results are here
Sub Junior Return Social results are here
Sub Junior Expert results are here
2019 Mildura 100 water ski race Sunday recap